Tuesday, November 24, 2009

KS-03: Come One, Come All

Within hours of the story breaking that Rep. Dennis Moore would not be seeking reelection - numerous Republicans in the 3rd put out statements regarding their interest in the seat. Cook Political Report moved KS-03 from "Likely Dem" to "Toss up". Below is an updated list of candidates considering joining the field for the Republican nomination.

State Sen. Jeff Colyer: "Put me in the very serious column.. we'll have an announcement soon."

Greg Musil: "Maybe, probably. I'll be in or out in the next two weeks.

State Sen. Karin Brownlee: "I'm thinking about it."

Charlotte O'Hara: "I'm seriously considering it"; will decide in next two weeks.

Nick Jordan: "I'm in."

State Rep. Kevin Yoder, an Overland Park Republican, is first out of the gate this morning, saying he's forming an exploratory committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment