- The people of Kansas: Most Kansans, especially the people of Leavenworth said NO to having these terrorists in their state and city and it reverberated to Washington.
- Sens. Roberts and Brownback: Our senators took the courageous and bold step to put a hold on President Obama's nominations until the senators got some real answers about Guantanamo. It looks like their leadership and strategy proved successful.
- Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins: Jenkins introduced legislation earlier this year to prevent funding to transfer the terrorists to Fort Leavenworth. If they go elsewhere, this will be a big accomplishment for Jenkins and one the people of her district should be proud of.
- Leavenworth officials: They weren't afraid to take a position and make it clear where they stood. Although local officials don't always get a lot of attention, we'll give them a shout out.
- The terrorists: Isn't that one obvious? Looks like they may be headed to cold, crisp Michigan where the average temperature in the winter is an icy 30 degrees. Sure won't be the ocean side view that was Guantanamo. Hope they pack their warm jackets.
- Shameless "We Want Thems": Believe it or not, some Kansans wanted the terrorists in Leavenworth and use them for "economic development" Strange logic, but needless so say, that crowd consisted of the Wichita Eagle Blog, some KC Star editorial members, and the libs in Lawrence.